Prix: CDN$ 31.15 (CAD).Auteur(s): LaRocca, Nicholas | Kalb, Rosalind C. |
Éditeur: Demos Health.
Date de sortie: 29-07-2006.
Catégories Lecture: Neurologique et Sclérose en plaques.
Despite the prevalence of disabling cognitive symptoms among people living with multiple sclerosis, there is a dearth of literature on this important topic. Multiple Sclerosis: Understanding the Cognitive Challengesis the first comprehensive discussion of MS-related cognitive dysfunction, including the changes that can occur, their assessment and treatment, and strategies for dealing with their impact in daily life.
Written by two clinical psychologists with special expertise in MS, and with contributions by two leading neuropsychologists, the book answers all questions patients may have about their condition, including:
- A definition of cognition and discussion of the processes that underlie human thought
- The emotional and social impact of cognitive changes
- The neuropsychological evaluation of cognitive symptoms
- Detailed overview of treatment options
- Vignettes describing the real-life experiences of a person with cognitive dysfunction
- Extensive references to the scientific literature
Combining detailed, referenced advice with hands-on strategies for living, this is the only book to provide in-depth information about cognitive dysfunction. It will be an invaluable reference to patients, families, and caregivers, as well as health professionals who care for people with MS.Voir sur amazon